Document Capture (iOS)
Welcome to AwareID Document Capture for iOS
Welcome to the AwareID Document Capture Quick Start Guide for iOS! This document will cover how to get started by getting Aware’s demo program working on your devices.
- bin – Directory containing frameworks for building the demo
- lib – Directory containing the Aware Face Capture framework.
- manuals – Directory containing documentation.
- src-demo – Directory containing Aware demo source code.
- Changes.txt – Change log for each release of AwareID Document Capture SDK.
- LICENSE – Aware license agreement.
Installing the Demo
To start looking at the AwareID Document Capture demos, we recommend using XCode 13.0 or higher to compile and run the demo on your iOS device. To begin using the demo:
- Connect testing device (such as iPhone or iPad) to your computer via cable.
- Open XCode.
- Select File -> Open… from the menu.
- Select the project located at src-demo/swift/DocAuthAwareIdDemo/DocAuthAwareIdDemo.xcodeproj and press Open.
- Select Product -> Scheme in the menu and select the scheme titled “DocAuthAwareIdDemo”.
- Select Product -> Destination -> “iOS Device” and select target device.
- Update the code signing for the demo to match your development environment:
- Click on the project name “DocAuthAwareIdDemo” on the left to bring up the project settings.
- On the “General” tab, change the “Bundle Identifier” to a unique string (e.g. “com.company.DocAuthAwareIdDemo”)
- On the “Signing & Capabilities” tab, update the signing information to match your development environment. For automatic signing, check “Automatically manage signing” and select your “Team” identifier from the dropdown.
- Select Product -> Run to start running the application
- Select Product -> Stop to stop running the application
- The iOS emulator is not available as an option for AwareID Document Capture.
- A connected device must be used for debugging and testing.
- A connected device must already be setup for testing via Xcode.
- Apple provides detailed documentation on their help website (https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/).
Please see the manual for getting started with the API and understanding the demo code.
Importing the Face Capture SDK to a Project
To begin integrating Face Capture into your project, you will need to import the framework into your project.
Select File -> “Add Files to <ProjectName>…”. Navigate to the installer’s lib folder and select AwFaceCaptureFrameWork.framework. Check “Copy items if needed”. In the “Add to targets” section select the target that will be using the framework. Press “Add” to add the AwFaceCaptureFrameWork.framework to the Project Navigator list.
Click the project name in the Project Navigator to open your project settings. Go to the “General” tab. Scroll to the “Frameworks, Libraries, and Embedded Content” section. AwFaceCaptureFrameWork.framework should be selected as “Embed & Sign”.
Head to the “Build Settings” tab. Select “All” settings with “Combined”. In the “Build Options” category disable bitcode by setting “Enable Bitcode” to “No”. Scroll down until you see the section titled “Apple Clang – Preprocessing”. Add “__IOS__” to the “Preprocessor Macros” setting in both “Debug” and “Release”.
Include the FaceCapture.swift and FaceCaptureErrorInfo.swift source code files in your application.
Inside of your UIViewController class add:
private var faceCapture: FaceCapture!
You can now access the FaceCapture API. See the manual for additional detail
Importing the Regula SDK
Please see Regula’s installation and Quickstart guide here : https://docs.regulaforensics.com/develop/doc-reader-sdk/mobile/ios/quickstart/
Regula’s documentation includes information on configuring their document database to shrink the size of your application here : https://docs.regulaforensics.com/develop/doc-reader-sdk/mobile/ios/optimization/database/
Running the AwareID Document Capture Demo
The AwareID Document Capture installer comes with two demos DocAuthAwareIdDemo and DocAuthAwareIdDemoQR. Each demo will capture a face then document in order to perform a facial match for validation.
Launching the DocAuthAwareIdDemo for the first time will bring you to the settings page. You will need to enter the following information obtained from the AwareID admin server before you will be able to enroll:
- Host URL
- Customer Name
- API Key
- Client Secret
Please see the server documentation for additional details on these fields.
Finish filling out the User Name, Email, and Phone Number fields to complete the settings page. Press the Back button at the top of the settings page to reach the home screen. Accept the prompt requesting permission to access the device’s camera(s). Hit the Enroll button and follow the directions on screen to perform a facial capture. Once a face has been captured, the demo will automatically switch to landscape orientation to perform a document capture. After successfully completing both face and document captures, the demo will return you to the home screen.
Press the Verify button to initiate a facial image capture. After processing, the demo will pop up either “Authentication Success” or “Authentication Failed” based on the verification results.
Launching the DocAuthAwareIdDemoQR for the first time will immediately prompt you for permission to access the device’s camera(s). After accepting permissions, you will be brought to the home screen. Press the Scan QR Code button to begin enrollment. Scan the QR code generated from the Web App to enroll. Please see the AwareID server documentation for additional details on generating the QR code.
After scanning the QR code successfully, the demo will go to the face capture screen. Follow the directions on screen to capture a facial image. Once a face has been captured, the demo will switch to landscape orientation to perform a document capture. Completing the document capture will end the enrollment process and bring you back to the home screen.
To perform verification, either scan the QR code again or trigger a push notification from the web application. This will initiate a facial image capture. After processing, the demo will pop up either “Authentication Success” or “Authentication Failed” based on the verification results.